Sunday, January 20, 2013

E.L.F. Luscious Liquid Lipstick Swatches and Reviews

This is a product I was pretty hesitant to try out even though blogs raved about it and it's on Elf's bestsellers list.  These Luscious Liquid Lipsticks are from their Essentials line so cost $1 each.  I had actually bought one years ago and the applicator broke on me, so I couldn't even put it on too much.

Nonetheless, I bought a few with my last hauls and decided to give them another shot.

Left to right: Ruby Slipper, Cherry Tart, Pink Lemonade, Brownie Points

Swatched: Ruby Slipper, Cherry Tart, Pink Lemonade, Brownie Points


Nude Lip with clear lip balm

Ruby Slipper: Light red with gold shimmers

Cherry Tart: Dark, more pigmented red with no shimmer.

Pink Lemonade: Sheer pink with beautiful gold shimmers

Brownie Points: Sheer brown with gold shimmers
These colors are all very beautiful, I love the ones with gold shimmers because it makes my lips pop and the gold actually shows up very well.  I also really love Cherry Tart because it's a no-nonsense red.

These are more of a lip gloss than a lipstick, but they apply so easily with the slanted-tip applicator.  They have a slight minty smell but no taste.  They are not thick or sticky at all, and extremely moisturizing.

I can honestly say these are my favorite lip glosses from elf, (the Jumbo Lip Gloss Pencils don't count because they are more of a lip balm).  I highly highly recommend these.  Because of their great pigmentation, I can wear these alone and they moisturize just like a lip balm too.  These are amazing and feel silky smooth on my lips.

I love these so much, but I will not be purchasing any other colors because all the other ones are lighter and most likely won't show up on my lips.  I will definitely be repurchasing these colors when they run out though.

Bottom line: Great pigmentation, silky and non-sticky formula.  Great to use as a lip gloss, definitely recommend.

- Jolie ♥

2 comments:

  1. They look so lovely! And so worth buying

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They're definitely worth trying, especially at $1 each :)

      Delete