Friday, January 18, 2013

E.L.F. Lipstick Swatches and Reviews!

I'm actually really excited to finally be doing this review.  I've put this off for quite some time but it's one of my absolute favorite products from elf.  Their lipstick is from their Essentials line, which makes it $1 each.  At such a cheap price, you'd expect them to give you a small tube similar to a sample size, but it's a full-sized lipstick!  I believe there are 12 shades out at the moment and I have 9 of them.  I decided not to get the other 3 because after looking at many swatches (thanks to other bloggers), I decided they didn't match me.

If you are interested, the shades omitted are Classy, Nostalgia, and Flirtatious.  All of those colors are lighter than the lightest shade I have right now, which is Charming, so that should give you a good indication of their colors.  I suggest looking up their swatches from other bloggers if you're really interested.

Anyway, these lipsticks are amazing, not just for their price, but overall.  They are creamy, pigmented, and moisturizing.  They don't have the waxy lipstick smell but instead smell pleasant, like berries.  Their scent is actually one of my favorite things about them.  Their reds are quite pigmented so I suggest using a lip-liner, but for all the others, just applying from the tube is fine.

Left to right: Fearless, Sociable, Posh, Voodoo, Gypsy, Fantasy, Captivating, Seductive, Charming

Without flash: Fearless, Sociable, Posh, Voodoo, Gypsy, Fantasy, Captivating, Seductive, Charming

With flash: Fearless, Sociable, Posh, Voodoo, Gypsy, Fantasy, Captivating, Seductive, Charming


Fearless: true rich red, fire engine red, very pigmented

Sociable: bright, hot pink with glitter. Glitter is not noticeable on lips and can't feel them. 

Posh: dark red, even though it appears pink in pictures. Very wearable red lip, similar to Voodoo

Voodoo: dark brick red, similar to Posh but more red. One of my favorites

Gypsy: medium cool pink color, good MLBB (my lips but better) look

Fantasy: light brown color, my other favorite. My go-to color for a nude lip

Captivating: bright orange color

Seductive: similar to Gypsy but lighter, perfect MLBB look for me

Charming: Similar to Seductive but lighter, can be used as a nude pink

Bottom line: Amazing lipsticks, creamy, pigmented, and moisturizing. Would definitely repurchase and recommend!

- Jolie ♥

-------------------------Update----------------------------

Thought I would be done with buying these but I guess not!  I just purchased the color in Nostalgic for a nude/concealer effect for my lips when I wear dramatic eyes.




Nostalgic on my lips



Nostalgic swatched

Nostalgic is the lightest color in the Essentials lipstick, it's an extremely light/cream pink and does not match my skin tone at all (if you couldn't tell already).  This would probably be a great nude for someone of fairer skin, but I'll definitely try to make this work by layering a slightly darker gloss over it.  It's not exactly a deathly look on me alone, but definitely looks unnatural.

Formula is the same as other lipsticks, creamy and moisturizing.  Love it.

1 comment:

  1. great review! I've also done a review on E.L.F, but it's one of the shades you ommitted - Classy.. so feel free to check it out!

    http://blushesbrushesandbrands.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete