Friday, December 28, 2012

E.L.F. Nail Polish in Lilac and Fairy Dust

Short review today about another elf polish.  This time I went with Lilac, which is a pastel purple and a layer of Fairy Dust which is a flakie top coat.  Fairy Dust was actually a repurchase since I really liked it when I tried the sample size of it that came with the 15-piece Nail Set.
Left: Fairy Dust; Right: Lilac

This is taken with flash but it's true to color.  Fairy Dust has iridescent flakes that appear orange or green depending on your lighting.  It's a mattifying top coat so I had to put another clear top coat for the shine.

Lilac had an okay formula, not as easy to work with as Coral.  I only used one coat, but I would recommend two, as bald spots become apparently when it dries.  This overall look had 4 coats (base, lilac, fairy dust, top) and lasted over a week with very very minor chips, as do all elf polishes.

Overall, I would definitely recommend Fairy Dust; Lilac is alright but nothing special.  Great lasting power for both though.

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment